Thursday, February 27, 2014

Coconut Milk Soap

 
 
After making a few batches of soap from my favorite recipe in  The Everything Soapmaking Book, I decided to just go ahead and make a batch with my own twist in the recipe.  With the help of  the soapmaking forum above, I made it.  We just need to wait and see how it works after 4 to 6 weeks of curing.

 
 
This is a one pound batch for testing the recipe.  Since I don't know how the soap batter will perform, I did not bother to do any added colors or swirl designs.  I  added a sprinkling of some body glitters and give it a textured top which I learned from a soapmaker in youtube and a dash of coconut fragrance.
 
Happy Soaping!


2 comments:

  1. Looks great even with out a colour or swirl. Hope it works out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you efficaciousgentleman. The soap is now cut and so far so good. Now can't wait for the batch to cure.

      Delete