Saturday, February 22, 2014

Winter 2014 Soap Swap

 
These are the soaps that are going for the soapqueen winter 2014 soap swap.  I used Brambleberry Energy fragrance oil blended with Lavender 40/42 essential oils.  I hope the soapers who will be receiving these soaps will enjoy them.  The colors for the second batch is not as pronounced as I had intended since the soap started thickening as I was pouring the soap into the condiment bottles, I was not able to add more colorants to make it darker/brighter.

 
Below are pictures of the second batch.  I had intended for the colors to be bright orange and black combination but both muted down to pastels.

 
For this second batch I used a new silicone mold. It's supposed to unmold the soap easier than my other mold.  I must have missed something in the direction since the soap did not easily came out of the mold as expected.  But it finally did after some prodding.
 

 
More reading on the different colorants and how to get the colors you want and how to unmold soaps easier in store for me.
 
Happy Soaping!

2 comments:

  1. I recieved one of your bars in my swap box. Here is my blog post with the review of the soaps I got. I haven't finished reviewing all of them yet but I have done your soap.
    http://seldomseenacres.blogspot.com/2014/03/winter-2014-soap-swap-hosted-by-bramble.html
    Thank you so much for such a lovely soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Amie for your nice words about my soap. So glad you like it, Amie.

      Delete