Saturday, April 26, 2014

Confetti Surprise

 
 
Some of the leftover Easter Bunnies were shredded into confetti for this project.  My intentions were to have a thin red mica layer then a confetti layer then another thin layer of gold mica and top with confetti.  Like most things in life, you can plan all you want but the soap will behave as it wanted to and soapers can just go with the flow and modify along the way.
 
Reviews mentioned the fragrance will accelerate so I poured at thin.  Most of the confetti ended up floating and I was not able to make the layers I was hoping for.  So the gold and red mica were just swirled on top instead of the original plan.
 
Ingredients were Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango butter and Castor oil.  Fragranced with Honeysuckle from Nature's Garden.  I usually let the hubby smell the soap after  cutting and let him guess the scent.  The hubby described this as floral before knowing what it was.
 
Leftover soap batter. I was able to do my original plan on the first confetti top oval mold.

I love the creamy look and texture of the soap. 

 
Since the confetti were made with melt and pour base and I don't want them to melt from the heat produced during saponification, I popped the mold into the refrigerator to prevent gelling.  This batch was my first try not allowing the soap to gel.
 
Although these soaps did not turn out as planned, design wise.  I am quite happy with the result. 
 

Happy Soaping!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment