First camouflage soap made yesterday. To make them look manly, I did not sprinkle any glitters. I textured and swirled the soap using spoon.
Ingredients were Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango butter and Castor oil. Fragranced with "shave and a haircut" blended with Peppermint essential oil. After getting a whiff of this soap, the hubby ask me to make some for him too. Colored with Woodland green, activated charcoal, Titanium Dioxide and brown mica.
Picture above was taken right after the mold was out of the oven.
Pictures below were taken after a few hours of being out of the oven. The white speckles was troubling to me so I asked the Cold Process group in facebook and was advised that they were just soda ash.
Soda ash normally appear on top of handmade soaps. Their presence just make the soap visually unappealing. They are usually prevented by spraying alcohol after molding the soap. I forgot to do the spraying for this batch.
Thankfully, the soap making group advised me to either steam or rinse the soap to remove the ash.
Pictures below showed the soap without soda ash after the rinse.
I only lined the wide side of the mold and as predicted the ends of the mold including the oval mold which were not lined were bubbly.
I am pretty happy with the camouflage look. The soaps turned out as expected.