Thursday, April 10, 2014

Second Faux Funnel Swirl

 
 


Made this yesterday using another luxury recipe from "The Everything Soapmaking" book.  It contains Shea butter, Sweet Almond oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil and Castor oil.  I used titanium dioxide for white, neon pink, neon blue, neon green soap dye for this batch.  Since the soap batter ended up higher than the soap mold, I did not cover or insulate it in any way.  This was fragranced with China Rain.   I did not work fast enough and the batter started thickening on me again.  As you can see in the picture above, I was happy with the swirl result.
 

I forgot to take picture after pouring the soap batter.  Soap ash started to form and the top started cracking as well.  If anybody can shed some light on why it cracked it would really help and thank you very much in advance.
 

 
  This time, I did not line the mold or wipe the sides with mineral oil.  The soap did not come out intact and one side chipped and remained inside the mold.   Still have to see if that was the cause. 

 
The hubby said the fragrance is very girly.  Lyn said it looks very pretty even with the cracks.
 
 
Thank you very much for any comment and input you can share.
 
Happy Soaping...
 
 
 


2 comments: