Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 2014 | Mama's First Soap | KCK Soapery

 
After watching me making soaps for over a week now, mama decided to try her hand at soap making as well.
 
This was fragranced with Caribbean Coconut fragrance oil, and colored with titanium dioxide and neon blue raspberry.  Ingredients are from Everything Soapmaking book which is now my basic "go-to" recipe, it includes olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil and castor oil. 
 
This episode reminds me of when I started making cold process soap in January.  I was very hesitant and not sure of what I am doing or if I am doing things the right way or not.  But as you can see, my mom did a good job. 
 
 
We added more swirling design to the top using the chopstick after turning the video off.
 
 
Out of the mold waiting to be cut.  Mama was so excited that it did turned out and is actually good looking and smelled nice.  She cut the bars herself.
 
 
Every bar is different.  Really proud of my mama's first handmade soap from scratch.
 
Here is the video.  Enjoy...
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment