Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 2014 | Hidden Hanger Swirl - Falling In Love | KCK Soapery

 
Another attempt at hidden hanger swirl using titanium dioxide, deep purple, neon lemon dye and woodland green.
 

This batch contains coconut water, coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, rice bran oil, palm oil, mango butter and castor oil.  This was also my first time using this silicone mold.  I saw a lot of soapers using this and since my other mold is starting to show some wear, I am going to give this one a try.
 
 
Fragranced with "Falling In Love" described as a charming blend of Blackberry, Jasmine, Lemon, Vanilla and Musk.
 
 
The top was sprinkled with iridescent sparkles.  Then off to the refrigerator it went.   I did refrigeration because a lot of soapers don't like  the reaction caused by the heat during saponification and insulation when using milk and other mild products.  This was my first time to prevent gelling.  So far, I like how it turned out.
 
 
Every bar is different and unique.


My usual recipe yields 12 one inch bars instead of 7 or 8 bars with my previous mold.


 
So far I am happy with how it turned out.


 
 
Happy Soaping!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment