Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 2014 | Oatmeal and Honey | KCK Soapery

 
 
The hubby came home smelling "honey" in the air.  This fragrance oil is definitely something that sticks in cold process soap making without doubt.   Some fragrance gets faint as they cure but smells great again once they are use.
 

Ingredients used were my usual Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango butter, Castor oil and I added Avocado oil to make it more luxurious.  This batch was also the first time I used Tussah Silk and Colloidal oatmeal.  Tussah silk will add to the silkiness and add lather to this already luxury recipe I concocted for this fragrance.  While the colloidal oatmeal has soothing effect for itchy skin and helps various skin conditions when use daily.  Definitely not trying to do any medical claims here.  Handmade soaps don't have the chemicals that may cause irritations to already sensitive skin.  The additives are added to add more benefits to the very skin loving ingredients included in handmade soaps..



 I can't help myself and  had to peeked and removed the bubble wrap a few hours after the soap settled.  Just can't wait to see how the honeycomb will look like.  Definitely Not a "hexagon" honeycomb.  But I hope it is a good enough representative of the real thing.  So far I am  liking it. 

 
Out of the mold and ready to be cut.
 
 
The color is not what I was envisioning.  Will have to experiment to get the honey color I wanted.  If you  have any suggestions on how to get that "honey" color, please let me know.  Thank you.   But this batch surely smells "y u m m y".

Thank you for stopping by.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment