Friday, October 17, 2014

October 2014 | Mistletoe & Ivy | KCK Soapery




Second set of Mistletoe and Ivy scented soap bars.  The fragrance oil is describe as blends of cedar leaf, Siberian fir, English holly, holiday mistletoe, cooling camphor, trailing ivy, sandalwood, vetiver, and frosted musk.
 
 
Trees were made using Melt and Pour clear base and colored with green and glitters.
 
 
I had hope for these colors to stay like this after mixing and saponification process.
 
 
Red and Green drop swirl hidden under this creamy white top.  I like hiding the swirls, it adds to the excitement and anticipation for the cutting process.
 
 
The trees were added when the soap base batter was hard enough to hold the trees upright.
 
 
Sprinkled some green glitters on top for more Christmas feel.  Notice the crack on the far end of the loaf?  That happened to both ends, huge chunks of soap stuck to the mold.
 
 
I waited two days before unmolding this batch.  Most of the green morphed into a different shade and the soap cracked.  Since I can't wait to see the swirls inside, I cut into the loaf even when it was still a little tacky and streaks of white followed down with the cutter.
 
If these bars are not going to look better after the curing period, I will need to come up with something to do with them.
 
Happy Soaping!


3 comments:

  1. Hi, I know that feeling of picturing something in your head, then the reality of what you see before you when things didn't work out as planned!!! You never know in a couple of weeks or so, this may turn into one of your favourites! Whatever else, it is still good quality soap..
    I love the new look of your blog.
    jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo,
      In my quest to make Christmas colors I end up using colorants I have not tried before and they morphed. But like you said, the color is just aesthetic, the soap itself still have good quality ingredients. Thank you very much for reminding me of that. Glad you like the new look. A friend designed the new logo and I am loving
      it a lot too.

      Delete