Monday, April 27, 2015

April 2015 | Woodland Elves | KCK Soapery

 
A craft group friend hosted an event for me to do a demonstration of my soap making.  She also hosted the event at her house and a group of my crafty friends were there to watch how I make my soaps.  Thank you very much "S" for hosting and to all my crafty friends who were there.
 
 
This was a small batch using Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil and Mango Butter.  I melted the oils and butter the night before and water bath the container for a few minutes before leaving my house on the day.  The sodium hydroxide and water mixture were mixed the night before as well.
 
 
Fragrance Oil used was "Woodland Elves"  I received from Bramble Berry as a sample described as  the perfect combination of Christmas trees and Christmas spices including Siberian Fir, White Pine, Clove Buds and Mistletoe Berries. The pine and spice is tamed down by Pink Grapefruit, Frosted Lily and ripe Pineapple.  It was my first time to use this fragrance oil and it stayed fluid.  In fact, I think this fragrance would be perfect for those design technique I was attempting but was not able to achieved because of the batter thickening too fast on me. 
 
 
Ready to be cut.
 
 
As usual, every bar is unique and different. 
 
Thank you very much to all.


2 comments:

  1. Oooo...those are lovely. And how brave of you to do a demo....goodness me, I would have been all fingers and thumbs!!! Well done. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. It was with a group of friends that get together for different crafts. They thought that a demo on how I make my soaps would be interesting. It was fun when done with friends. I don't do well with talking about myself and being the center of attention so I try to avoid as much as I can too. Definitely why I blog so I have an outlet of my opinions and share some stories about myself without people watching me, hehehehe.

      Delete