Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November 2017 | Peppermint | KCK Soapery


Peppermint essential oil was used to scent this red and white delightful soap batch.


Tilted the mold for the striped tiger swirl I was planning to do.


Only red mica and titanium dioxide for white to color this batch. 

Used the same ingredients, Coconut  oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango butter and Castor oil saponified with lye.


Started with red soap batter poured on the edge of the mold where it is tilted.


Then goes in the white.  I was able to do this swirl and had it photographed since my kid is home.  


Poured the red and white alternately until I was satisfied with the stripe look I got.


Placed the mold flat on the table.  


Covered the stripe with red.


Piped the top with the rest of white and red soap batter.


Off the mold.


Finally cut. My son did most of the cutting with this batch.

I am very happy with the result. My daughter said, I should not stop making soap again since my design technique is getting better.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment