Friday, March 28, 2014

Lavender Tea Soap

 
 
These were made using Yogi Tea infused water, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil and castor oil.  Fragranced with Lavender 40/42 from Bramble Berry and colored with titanium dioxide for white and deep purple colorant.
 
It all started with a friend tagging me to a facebook post about tea soap.  I finished my yellow cupcakes earlier than expected yesterday and since all the necessary oils were still melted, I decided to continue with this experiment without reading how other soapers do it.
 
 
Above picture is the tea infused water.  I am not sure if it was because of the tea reacting with the lye or I might have done something to this solution that created a lot of bubbles.  Will have to read more about that.
 

I added titanium dioxide to mellow down the dark brown tea water.  Then added more titanium dioxide to the batter that I planned to color white.  Picture above was taken after the soap came out of the oven. 


 
The soaps after it came out of the mold.
 
Soaps below shows the drop swirl results.  I am quite happy with them.  Every bar is different and unique and I like the purple color drop swirled into the white.
 


 
I again have a two part video with this soap due to the fact that  this soap was made in a whim when I found out I still have more time to experiment.  I forgot to get an extra mold out for extra soap batter. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment