Monday, December 15, 2014

December 2014 | Heart Swirl | KCK Soapery

 

My first Valentine's Day soap for 2015, made with Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter and Mango Butter.  This batch is scented with "Sex in the Shower" fragrance oil which is described as  "a juicy blend of orange, cherry, peach, pineapple and vanilla".  My six year old daughter described it as "Kool-Aid fruit punch".
 
 
 This is the first time I am using both Shea and Mango Butter together in a batch. 
 
 
 A few months ago, I tried this technique trying to draw roses with petals.  It did not turn out as planned.  This is a chained red and blue hearts and I am liking it.
 
 
 A disaster almost happened when I was inserting the divider into the mold.  Had to be more careful next time.
 
If you decide to watch the video, I started out saying that I did not plan to add color to the base soap.  I misspoke titanium dioxide was added to whiten or at least lighten the effect of the Vanillin in the fragrance oil.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment