Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 2015 | Chocolate Lover | KCK Soapery

 
Happy Chinese New Year!  Presenting a batch I made a couple of weeks ago.  The colors kept on morphing which was what I was hoping for, now it finally stopped changing so here goes:
 

This is my new basic recipe, it includes Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter and Mango Butter.
 
 
Used the fragrance oil "Chocolate Lovers" and because of its high vanillin content it should eventually darken. 
 
 
Activated charcoal was used for the black.
 
 
This was how the soap looked after pouring and piping. 
 
 
Leftover batter.
 
 
Before removing the cupcake wrappers.
 
 
After a few weeks of curing. 
 
 
Noticed the brown?   
 
 
Although I liked how the brown darkens.  I would have love the black to darken even more.  Instead, the black soap developed ash and since it has stopped morphing, this is how it would be.  I sure hope you like what you saw.

Thank you for stopping by!

Glynith 

No comments:

Post a Comment