Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 2015 | Kentish Rain | KCK Soapery

 
This batch is scented with "Kentish Rain". Bramble Berry described this fragrance oil as rainy, salty mist green notes made up of basil, green leaf and ozone notes with added notes of muguet lily, rose and jasmine bring out the touch of violet in the blend for sweetness. Our perfumer added bottom notes of Sandalwood and tonka to round out the earthy, coast like feel.
 
 
Oils used were Olive oil, Coconut oil, Palm oil, Rice Bran oil, Castor oil, Shea Butter and Mango Butter.
 
 
Poured the batter into just two colors, titanium dioxide for white and blue.
 
 
Did an "in the pot" swirl but the batter started thickening.   Some of the batter did not penetrate down the deeper layer.
 
 
I can't help myself and gave in to the temptation - had to make a design to this layer even though I know I will just be covering it up.
 
 
The above swirls were hidden by a layer of white batter.
 
 
Topped with thickened blue batter.
 
 
Tried to swirl some designs using a chopstick.
 
 
These days, I waited for at least three or more days before unmolding.  I like how the soap is more settled and less tacky.
 
 
I love how most of the bars showed a "rain drop".  I still have a few more ounces of the fragrance oil and I am afraid I will not get the same effect next time.
 
 
Love this fragrance and how the swirls can be interpreted the way I envisioned - clouds and rain.
 
Hope you like what you see.  Thank you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment