Monday, October 9, 2023

October 2023 | Exploring Online Income #3 Monetizing Social Media | KCK Soapery

                                            

    The world of social media is increasing as fast as new upgrades to phones and other gadgets.  I remember when it first started with Myspace, Friendster, and a few others.  We were all grateful for its inception.  Long distance calls and paying a part of your budget to call home just because you missed your family is history.  Now we can call anytime through Facetime, messenger, etc. just to say hi and listen to about anything your family wants to talk about without hurrying them or yourself have become a blessing.

    Social media is a way for us to get news, connect with others, and boost each other's reputation or destroy each other.  The possibility is endless with just a click. As an adage goes, always think before you click.

    Now, we use social media to buy and sell stuff as well as use other platforms that is readily available to monetize our presence in it.  Why not, right?  We are using it all the time anyways.

    Let's start with the ones I have:

    Facebook - we have billions of people on it. Using it to post pictures was the main purpose in the beginning.  Mailing pictures is not necessary now.  People who wants to know how you are just have to be friends with you and click on your name then they see everything what you have chosen to post publicly.

    Recently, I noticed quite a lot of my friends sharing reels/stories and asking for stars.  Upon further inquiries, I learned that they are using the platform to monetize it so I started to ask these friends how to get going with it.  Since I already have a soaping facebook page that I can use, I started to ask for more likes and shares hoping for more engagements, too.  

    Here's the requirements for monetizing Facebook.  Your page should have at least 500 followers for 30 days.  You should have active and loyal followers who will like, share, and comment on everything that you post. Then, Meta will pay you $1 cent for every star that you receive.

    When you increase your presence to 5000 followers or have 60,000 eligible minutes of viewed videos and have 5 active videos, then you can add another income stream, you can add ads to your videos and hope that people will be tempted to click on those ads to give you additional income aside from the stars that can be monetized.

    Finally, when you get 10,000 followers or 250 returning viewers, 50,000 engagements or 180,000 minutes viewed, then you can provide subscriptions where you can earn monthly income from subscriptions your viewers pay to watch your videos or reels.

    Without really asking people to follow me incessantly, I acquired about 300 family and friends to like my page facebook.com/kcksoapery.  Now that I am trying to monetize it, I asked my family and friends in my personal page to follow my soaping page.  After a week, I grew from 300 to 500, but that is with a lot of my family and friends helping me to get to that number.   To reach 5K or 10K, I have to keep at it or make sure I am a member in a lot of soaping pages or buy ads so I can have more people to follow me and hope that they like me enough to follow my page.

    Youtube,  I posted in Youtube just so I can watch how I poured the soap batter to get a design result for my soap.  I have 103 videos there with 1.52K subscribers.   My son has been asking me to monetize the site but I always have a hurdle to climb when I check on the requirements.  Now that I finally got the number of subscribers, I only have 23 watch hours. To be approved to monetize, you need to have at least 3K watched hours.  Check out Gillian Perkins on how to monetize youtube She discussed about the requirements and she has a lot more videos on how to earn using other online platforms as well.

    I have an account on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok but I don't have a lot of posts and online presence on them.  Here is a video on how to monetize TikTok.  It is the media of choice for kids and young adults. They are forever on TikTok and monetizing it is a no brainer right?  You earn 2 to 4 cents USD per 1K views.  If you have 1K to 10K followers there is a potential for a $5 to 25 USD earnings per post.  Since Shopify and TikTok are now in partnership, you get to post your TikToks on Shopify easily to sell your products.  Here is another video post from shopify on how to monetize TikTok.  

    So, in reality, you have to consistently post videos, reels or shorts that are really engaging your viewers enough for them to give you stars, gifts, donations and buy your products online.  If you have the voice or the looks to attract a company to pay you as one of their influencers or  creators, then you have a better shot at it too! But since great influencers are asking for more, a platform called UGC (User-Generated Content) creator is the platform for newcomers and companies that are allocating huge sums of money and everybody is saying they are getting paid a lot for creating content of their favorite products.  How long will this last and what will come next is something we will know soon, I guess. 

    Here is a link from Modern Millie  about UGC and how to get started on it.

    I will just keep on doing what I do and hope that consistency will eventually pay off in the long run.

    Let me know of any other platforms that are showing up since new platforms kept on showing up. I can't seem to keep up with it!

    Thank you!

    Glynith


No comments:

Post a Comment