Monday, May 5, 2014

Attempt At Column Swirl

 
Saturday's project, my first attempt at column swirl.  I used a poster tube container and cut it so it won't be too tall.  As you can see in the picture above, I was not successful at producing a column swirl. 
 
Ingredients used were Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice bran oil, Palm oil, Mango butter and Castor oil.  Colors were ultramarine blue, neon raspberry blue, stained glass yellow, titanium dioxide and woodland green.  Fragranced with Baby Clean.  The hubby said, it smell more like "Fresh Clean Linen" than baby.
 
 
After molding and putting in the dividers.
 
 
Removed the soap from the wood mold.
 
 
The freezer paper liners were removed from the soap. 
 
 
Back of the soap.  Dividers were tricky to remove.  I have to watch more youtube tutorials on how to remove these dividers easily.
 
 
Although this is not what I planned for the soap to look like.  My family including my mom, the hubby and the kids liked how the soap turned out.
 
Happy Soaping!
  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment