Thursday, May 29, 2014

May 2014 | Bubblegum | KCK Soapery

 

Fragranced with "Bubblegum"  this batch was made using my usual ingredients including Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango Butter and Castor oil.  Bubblegum fragrance oil is describe to contain some vanillin which will discolor the final soap color to shades of brown so I decided to use black and did not put any fragrance oil to the white.  We shall see how it turn out as it cures.
 
 
Colored with activated charcoal and titanium dioxide.  The embeds were made using shredded melt and pour soap for the yellow circles and sliced handmade soap from previous batch for the squares.  The circles were supposed to look like bubblegum in my original vision.  They however were not able to get smooth as we made the balls,  so I decided to just embed them within the soap instead of have them be on top of the soap.
 
 
I sprinkled some light gold mica on top and they did not sprinkle evenly.  So I used the spatula to spread the dusts and distribute them more.
 
 
I like how the texture turned out.
 
 
The black faded into gray.
 
 
The gray still gave enough contrast for the yellow and white embeds and the white drop swirl. 
 
Happy Soaping...
   



No comments:

Post a Comment