Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 2014 | Bubblegum Agave | KCK Soapery

 
 The video below will show how I was in a "panic" mode right from the beginning of the soap batter making.   The near disaster started when I realized I forgot to dilute my colors with some oils.  I had to add colors to thickened soap batter and just poured my titanium dioxide to the rest of the batter.  Definitely not the right way to add colors.
 
The bubblegums were made with "melt and pour" soap.  They were added on to an Agave scented handmade soap.
 
 
These colorful balls were added on top of the piped soap frosting to give it some texture.
 
Agave soap ingredients include Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango Butter and Castor oil.
 
 
Skin loving additives used were silk and kaolin clay.
 
 
The soap were made on Friday, we were away Saturday and it sat for a total of 48 hours before being cut. 
 
 
It was still a little soft when I cut the bars and the MP balls did perspire and are a little dewy.  But aesthetically they look just as planned.  We shall see how they perform in the shower or bath.
 
 Enjoy the video and watch me working in panic mode.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment