Sunday, January 14, 2024

January 2024 | Semper Parents | KCK Soapery


Semper Parents I highly recommend this book to anybody who wish to learn and understand "Marine" life.  If you have a family currently in the military specifically a "Marine" this book is a great help.  The author is a Marine wife and a Marine mom.  Semper Parents will guide you through what the Marine is going through from bootcamp to what to expect during deployments and back.  It is an easy read and makes this new chapter of my life understandable.  The author included a few other Marine families' perspectives too.  This book would be beneficial not just to parents but to any other family members of the military as well.

As an immigrant, I never thought I'd have a kid who would want to serve in the military.  Everything about this life is new to me.  Books like this makes it easier as I slowly navigate military life as a Marine mom.

I have been reading books and joining facebook groups for Marine parents.  Just so I can imagine what my son is going through and know what other parents are experiencing as well.  Some of these groups have moms whose hearts are always broken, others have moms who are there to help each other cope.  

Here are some quotes from the book I would like to share:

* Significant portion of their training is dedicated to testing their will power and strength, endurance, persistence and beating the odds.

*The best thing I could do for my Marine was to learn more about taking care of myself.

*Pretty soon it was normal to not be concerned if we didn't hear from him.  We all settled into the new norm.

These lines reminds me of what is always being shared by facebook moms " Semper Gumby"  always be flexible and "No news is Good news".


Here's to us all Proud Marine Parents!

Thank you for dropping by.

Glynith


No comments:

Post a Comment