Friday, December 15, 2023

December 2023 | Nightbane | KCK Soapery

                                                        


After finishing Lightlark, there is no way I will just stop and not continue on with Nightbane.  If a third book is coming, I will be there waiting in line for it too!

I always thought I am a mystery, thriller, suspense, doctor, lawyer, detective books kind of gal.  But this series is definitely going to widen my book choices for reading entertainment.  Thank you to friends at work for recommending and ever so willing to lend me their physical books.  The book covers made it so tempting to buy at times.  But my time of buying books for entertainment is done.  I now like reading digitally and so I just borrow from the library and waited for my turn.  

The characters Isla, Oro, Grim and others were all so captivating and once you read Lightlark, you just have to know what happens next.  Although the going back and forth between past memories and present events was a little bothersome at times, I enjoyed the book a lot.  This is the reason I am giving this book a 4 star.

Isla ended up with Oro in Lightlark with her memories of Grim erased before the Centennial.  Now, these memories are coming back slowly with details that could be helpful to save Lightlark from being destroyed by Grim who is coming to wage war in less than a month.  Isla is still learning to wield her powers and learning how to rule both Wildling and Starling realms.  Now she has to find ways to help save Lightlark as well.

Now that her memories are coming back, intimacy between Isla and Grim is not just dreams that usually get interrupted in Lightlark.  Now we have more detailed description of events, I would not recommend this to young readers unless they already read a lot of books with love scenes or are experienced already.

Thanks for visiting!

Glynith

 

No comments:

Post a Comment