Friday, March 3, 2017

Shamrock soap

Good Luck soap made with shamrock melt and pour soap on one side and treasures on the other.  This part came out as envisioned.  The challenged was in the making of the rainbow.    As you can see above, the rainbow got a little distorted.

The  project started out with the preparation of the rainbow colors, the shamrocks and the treasures.

Ingredients include the following oils, coconut, olive, rice bran, palm, mango butter and castor oil and Cranberry Chutney fragrance oil from Brambleberry.

Blue was dropped to the white to create the sky.

Red was poured on top of the sky.

Yellow and green.

Blue soap.

Treasures added on top of purple.

Covered the rainbow with a layer of sky and sprinkled with green and red glitters.

Added the clover leaves when the soap batter was not too soft and can keep the leaf upright without sinking.

Removed from the mold a day after.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all!

Friday, January 27, 2017

Tarragon and Bergamot Soap

Made with Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango Butter and Castor oil.

Scented with Bergamot and Tarragon fragrance oil.

I planned to do another flower batch hence the piping bag.

The saponification took too long to thicken to the right piping consistency.

Changed my plan from piping to pouring. Had a layer of white and alternately poured pink and green in two rows.

Covered the pink and green with a top layer of white then I drizzle some pink and green batter.

Swirled the colors around randomly.

Poured the leftover pink and green in a lego mold.  Come visit this blog again to see what I plan for these little guys

Still have some more green and pink batter, so I poured them in a small oval mold and swirled each pink with green and vice versa.

This batch took two days to get hard enough to be removed from the mold.

The ends were still tacky and did not come out of the mold.

Some batter in the ends stayed behind.  I tried fixing the loaf and it still have gaps but I was able to get 5 bars that were not damage and 4 with cracks.

Thank you for visiting and come back to see what I will do with the lego guys.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

January Hearts

The anticipation for what the swirl would look like is over.  I am happy with how it looks.  The bars are bigger than usual since I have to cut them without cutting the hearts.

Ingredients include coconut, olive, rice bran, palm oil, mango butter and castor oil.  Delicately scented with Bamboo Lotus fragrance oil. 

Poured white as the base and then I alternately poured red and white in the center of the mold.

As usual I like covering the design underneath.

Decided to just do the figure of 8 top.

Also did a diagonal 8.

Top with hearts and circles.

Out of the mold.

Extra soap from the leftover batter and the bar without the hearts since I used up all that I made.

Another view of the cut bars.  Hope you all like them and come again for more.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

ReLeaf Gone Wacky

This batch was inspired by a soap making youtube video I watched.  It is called ReLeaf.  It is supposed to resemble little leaf shapes. 

It turned out like it wanted to.  I added the little balls on top to add visual effect in case the main soap does not look appealing.  Fortunately, my son said he liked the color combination and the design.

Oils used were Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Palm oil, Mango butter and Castor oil with aromatherapy energizing fragrance oil.  My brother in law love this fragrance.

Colors used were blue mica, activated charcoal for black and titanium dioxide for white.  Titanium dioxide is a natural mineral used to whiten almost anything white.

Sparkly white balls for the top made from melt and pour soap.

Thank you.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Fondant Mat 2016

Fondant mat designed soaps.

Lavender and Mint fragrance.

Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Palm Oil, Mango Butter and Castor Oil.

Most soapers cut the fondant mat to fit the base of the mold only.  I made it to go higher so I can have something to pull the soap out of the mold with.  Then cover the mat with a thin layer of the lavender soap.

Slowly scraping off excess soap while making sure all the grooves are covered.

I was not completely satisfied with the coverage.

But the soap batter is getting thicker so I stopped playing with the lavender and started pouring the white over.

Tried not to disturb the colored mat while slowly pouring in the next layer.

Very gently cover the lavender layer.

Dropped the excess lavender into the creamy white layer.

Slowly pour all the batter into the mold.

I would have liked to have more lavender on top but it was not meant to be.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Pulled the soap out of the mold.

Very carefully peel off the mat.

Turned the soap upside down to peel off the rest of the mat.

Fondant mat all removed, the lavender batter was not evenly distributed.  Have to practice more.

Tried to push the soap from mold after 5 days but it was still very tacky on the divider side.

Our family is divided on our verdict with this soap design.  The son wound like more color to make the pattern pop.  The daughter loved it.