Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 2014 | Lemongrass Verbena - Palm Free Soap | KCK Soapery

 
So proud of my mom's third batch of soap.  Told my mom to just have fun and look at what she made.  A beautiful fragrant soap loaf.   Each bar has their own swirl pattern.
 
 
Picture above was taken after I finished playing with the design of the top.  I can't resist and has to play with the batter every now and then.  I thought I've mixed the white and yellow so much that the color will just be a very muted yellow.  Colorants use were neon laser lemon dye powder and titanium dioxide.  So I oven processed the batch which usually gives me a brighter color.
 
 
This picture was taken after the mold was taken out of the oven.
 
With the help of an online soap calculator we came up with this recipe.  Coconut oil, Olive oil, Rice Bran oil, Mango butter, Sweet Almond oil, Avocado oil and Castor oil.
 
Fragranced with Lemongrass Verbena and the hubby said I should always have a stock of this on hand.  The fragrance is described as an enticing blend of citrusy, refreshing lemongrass and leafy green verbena blended with a hint soft vanilla.  Sooo yummy...
 
 
After about 20 hours, I removed the loaf off of the mold and it was still a little bit soft I dented one side of the loaf with my fingers.  But it was fine when I cut the rest of the loaf.
 
 
I also sprinkled some iridescent sparkles and love the effect it gave to the bars.
 
 
Happy Soaping!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment