First cold process soap for 2015 unmolded today. This batch was concocted using my new favorite ingredients Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter and Mango Butter.
The design technique was inspired from Anne Marie of Bramble Berry. Since I can't find a thicker hanger that I can easily manipulate. I used the wire from a flower arrangement and stick a straw to make the circumference bigger.
I used woodland green, teal, brown mica and titanium dioxide for my colors.
Added more butters than my previous recipe, just to see if I can detect any difference in how the soap will behave, look and feel.
Fragranced with Mistletoe and Ivy which is described as blends of cedar leaf, Siberian fir, English holly, holiday mistletoe, cooling camphor, trailing ivy, sandalwood, vetiver, and frosted musk.
Poured the white base then the brown.
Covered the brown with another layer of white, followed by the teal which was covered and top with the green and covered again with white.
Pulled the straw wire up.
Layered the top with the leftover colors.
Swirled the top using chopstick.
Let the loaf sit for five days. This was the longest I tried since the previous ones had been tacky when unmolded. This came out intact but still soft enough to cut.
The delicate swirls in the middle are almost too thin in some of the bars. The kids thought they look like little trees.