Sunday, September 3, 2017

September 2017 | Mistletoe and Ivy | KCK Soapery




This batch was inspired by it being September, which reminds me that Christmas is just around the corner.   Fragrance oil used was Mistletoe and Ivy which is described as blends of cedar leaf, Siberian fir, English holly, holiday mistletoe, cooling camphor, trailing ivy, sandalwood, vetiver, and frosted musk.


White plastic bowl contained olive oil, rice bran oil and castor oil.  Glass bowl contained melted coconut oil, palm oil, mango butter and lye solution in the small plastic container.


Colors used were green, red and white


I used a cardboard as a divider for the mold.  One side was intentionally made bigger than the other.


After pouring the white base, I alternately poured green and red on the smaller side.


Slowly added the white to balance the amount of soap batter on both sides.


Removing the cardboard.


It was exactly how I intended the soap to look like after cardboard was removed.


Poured all the rest of the soap batter.


Using a chopstick, I drew little circles that cross over the white batter.



The loaf looked the way I envisioned.




It was still a little tacky and did not cut as smoothly as I wanted.  The bars have some rough surfaces where some soap got stuck onto the cutter.

But over all, I am very happy with how the soap turned out.

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment