Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 2017 | Kentish Rain | KCK Soapery


This batch was scented with Kentish Rain fragrance oil from Brambleberry.  They described the fragrance as rainy, salty mist green notes made up of basil, green leaf and ozone notes with added notes of muguet lily, rose and jasmine bring out the touch of violet in the blend for sweetness. Our perfumer added bottom notes of Sandalwood and tonka to round out the earthy, coast like feel.


White using titanium dioxide and black using activated charcoal and a blue mica.


My favorite recipe of coconut oil, olive oil, rice bran oil, palm oil, mango butter, and castor oil.


Divided the batter into the small colored cups and two containers for the white.


Poured white for the base.


Blue line in the middle.


Alternately poured black, blue and white on the same middle line.


This was how it looked after I poured most of the colors.  The batter thickened faster than I was expecting.


As usual, I love covering my colors and hide the design.  Just to have something more to look forward to when cutting the loaf.


Sprinkled the leftover colors.


Made random chopstick swirl on the top.


Off the mold the next day.


Since the batter thickened faster than I anticipated, I did not get the effect I was going for.  But this turned out good as well.

Thank you for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment